Saturday, January 16, 2010

Going to the Columbus Winter Farmer's Market

Well I am getting ready to head to the farmer's market that is held at a UU Church in Columbus. I am hoping to pick up some meats and breads while I am there.

I am a little worried about the costs as I am sure the meats will cost more than I am used to spending. I have decided to start limiting the amount of meat that I eat and try to go back to the way people ate before meat became so cheap. So the cost should be offset because I won't be buying a lot but better quality. That is my hope at least.

Another thing I want to follow is to see how changing my eating habits and getting sustainably grown and better quality food will effect my fibromyalgia. I am hoping that the change in food will benefit me in that area as well. Having tried everything else to deal with it, I can only hope that this change will help.

So that is the game plan for this morning. After the farmer's market I might hit up some thrift stores to see if I can get some baking pans. I want to try and learn to make bread and I have no baking pans other than a pizza pan. Does that tell you anything about my baking skills.

Phase one has begun and changing what I eat is just one step in a bigger plan.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment